Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Clive Davis Recording

Yesterday, I was recording with my own band in the Tisch School's Clive Davis recording studios on Mercer Street. I really had no idea that as NYU students we have access to such great facilities! Similar to my last post, there we multi-tracked everything (But this time we all actually know each other and are in the same vicinity!) . I believe that a total of 12 hours was spent recording in the studio (midnight to 3 a.m. and noon to 9 p.m.) and there will be up to another 6 hours mixing the recording. All this work for a 4 minute song!!!!!! I would hate to imagine how long it would take to record a Mahler symphony. A future blog entry is set to come in the very near future that will describe the art of mixing a recording of a band.

No comments: